Thursday, June 17, 2010

photo thursday: ... these feet are made for...

... resting...

from the where we live series:

Water Taxi, heading home
(friday afternoon)

I noticed this woman running for the boat on the Seattle side of the commute. She made it, but not by much. Later, she climbed upstairs to the open area and sat down across a couple of the benches. It seemed like she'd had a long week. Me too. But I still grabbed a shot of her shoes.

There's something about this that reminds me of the legs on the Wicked Witch of the East. Which is not to say that the woman reminded me of anyone. Except of myself. Tired from the week.

1 comment:

Wendell McTravelNerd said...

I -ADORE- this photo. I hope you might be kind enough to give me a copy down the line. I'm dreaming about a collage of photo frames above my bed and think I may need this as a 5x7 on my wall. I mean it. Cute shoes. Cute legs. A feet picture. It's also telling a story because those legs really do look tired. I love it!!!