Monday, June 21, 2010

family: ... and we change....

diapers....

(a snippet of quality conversation, from our family to yours....)

Diaper Change for Elliott
(done on the sly, while K's away!)

I am regularly reminded that though L has a lot of words, there is a tenuous connection between those words and their various meanings. She's an awesome mimic, but frequently misuses or confuses phrases. I'm hoping this is a passing phase, or she'll have a hell of a time on her SATs.

scene: the girls both changing baby diapers. M reading the paper.

L: K, is your baby's diaper going to change you?
K (looking up): huh?
L: is your baby's diaper going to change you?
K (annoyance in her voice): what?
L: is your baby's diaper going to change you?
K (pushing her sister): leave me alone!
M (lowering the paper): hey, no K!
L (seemingly unfazed): is you baby still in a diaper?
K: how many times do I have to tell you?

Well, more times than you have, apparently.

Freshly changed
(and no sister in sight)

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

This reminds me of a phrase Austin's been using lately: "If you didn't tell me so many times I wouldn't have to remind you!!"