Wednesday, August 26, 2009

time, time, time...

We've turned some inexplicable corner and the light is beginning to angle with that fall is coming slant. It was a beautiful day on Monday and M and the girls gave me a ride down to the Water Taxi. The light felt different, no longer the summery blast, and for the first time in weeks I found myself pulling out my camera to take some pictures as the boat crossed the bay.

It's not that I don't enjoy the summer light. I especially like the sun, and summer can't have too much of it, as far as I'm concerned. But, for photography and introspection, fall light seems much more conducive.

As I thought more about it, I realized that most summers until now I've been up and out of the house early, catching the first boat of the day. This summer I've shifted my schedule, so I'm missing the early morning summer light (which is more interesting and not as flat as later in the day). Thus, now that it's dark later in the morning, even though I'm on the later boat, I'm beginning to see that interesting (early) light.

No comments: