Friday, October 16, 2009

how long has this been going on?

I was just in the kitchen, zapping my lunch. Waiting close (but not too close) to the microwave, I watched as it counted down: 34, 33, 32.... until it got to 15.

Then the timer went: 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 11, 11.... and just stayed there.

The light was still on inside, my lasagna still turning around, but time had stopped.

Wow! Now what?
  • Would my lunch keep cooking until there was nothing left?
  • Or would the microwave run until something exploded?
  • Or did I have a chance now to run off to the post office to get some forever stamps without anyone noticing?
  • Was time stopped for everyone, or just for the kitchen?
  • What would happen if I never pressed Cancel?
So many good questions, so much to find out. What an opportunity!?!

But I was hungry, so I hit Cancel and opened the door and grabbed my pyrex bowl.

A mystery for someone else to solve.

No comments: