Thursday, March 18, 2010

photo thursday: .... stuck in the middle with you...

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...

Some of my all-time favorite things to photograph are the girls. Together.

I've managed to get lucky now and then, and last week was one of those times.

I knew as I took these that I was getting something I'd like.

The setup: L found a foam clown nose at the bottom of a huge basket of toys that M tries in vain to keep organized in the corner of the living room. Looking for a way to avoid having to put everything back into the basket (because, of course, we'd emptied it out entirely to see what was at the bottom!) I put it on her and suggested we take some pictures. K wanted to join in. The first few were too dark, so I asked them to move to a chair by the window....

Clowning around

One reason I love these is because they manage to capture certain key aspects of both girls' personalities: K's sweetness, and L's nuttiness.



K couldn't keep the nose on her nose, and for some reason that meant dissolving in giggles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These photos are wonderful. My favorite is the one where K has the nose on and L is looking at her. Pure love and happiness.

Jocelyn said...

They look like best friends in all their photos together!