Tuesday, March 30, 2010

family: celebrity doubles tuesday ... can you hear me?

another edition of Celebrity Doubles Tuesday
with a bonus "you stole my idea" theme


Got this great idea for a movie the other night:

This Could Get Loud

A story of 2 small girls and a man with a vacuum cleaner (plus a dog, because you can't keep her away from blankets or the vacuum cleaner).

We'd do it ad-lib, because that would give us the flexibility to go with the flow.

Imagine scenes where the 3 main characters gather in a room (a living room, for example). Maybe the girls are on blankets on the floor, sharing life experiences and wanting, demanding, to be "snuggled up" like burritos. The man is attempting to vacuum the rugs and if the dog isn't barking loudly at the vacuum, she's trying to find space to lie down on the blankets because her 3 different beds aren't enough. Laughter degrades into shrieks of anguish as Dog moves closer, sniffing, maybe licking a cheek or two.... It'd be awesome. And it could get loud!

Edit: M informs me that, 1) there's already a movie with this name, except that 2) it's called "This Might Get Loud", suggesting to me that whoever made it has no sense of the English language because "could" is obviously so much better than "might."

And I think they must have stolen my idea. Compare:

Mine
  • 3 main characters
  • making noise
  • with little overall plan/no script

Theirs
  • same
  • same
  • same

Also, their casting was obviously influenced by mine:

Mine


Theirs

Mine

TheirsMine
Theirs
I rest my case. I'll be talking with lawyers in the morning.

No comments: