Monday, January 16, 2012

... snow day!!!

disclaimer: these were all taken yesterday, Sunday.

I was at home today (Monday), but I was working. So I didn't have time to take more pictures of the girls playing in the snow. But we had snow. Starting on Saturday. Continuing yesterday. And today.


A snow bunny

The start of something

The middle of something

Something
(flying toward me, at the top center of the picture)

It turns out that K has a pretty good arm. And that the snowsuits M found for the girls work quite well in keeping them warm.

Today, when I took a break from working, we all walked down toward the Junction to get coffee, since if we were going to be snowed in, we needed coffee. Almost more than water or air. Except that we also need water to make coffee. So it's not a one-or-the-other kind of thing. It's coffee, water, and then air is a distant third. If available. Air we can actually do without. In a pinch.

And we made it partway there before we needed to catch a bus and we did and we went into Cupcake Royale to get a cupcake (and a bag of Stumptown coffee, out of which Cupcake Royale was almost sold... out... of), and then we caught another bus back toward home. It was a good break.

So we were successful. The girls got some exercise and fresh air. As did M and me. And did I mention that we got coffee? For espresso tomorrow morning. Because if you're snowed in, you need coffee. Coffee!!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Oh yeah, the need for coffee is exponential to the inches of snow accumulated. I'm lining up the shot glasses for tomorrow already....