Thursday, December 23, 2010

photo thursday/family: ... santa claus is coming to town...

I can't resist this picture of my mom and Santa, taken when she was around... 5? years old.

JVZ and SC
(Honolulu, Territory of Hawai'i)

This was taken in front of the Advertiser building (where my grandmother worked as assistant to Lorrin Thurston the editor). K and L think the Santa's beard is "crazy!" and "doesn't look like a real beard" but I think they don't know what Santa looks like in Hawai'i. (That is some crazy hair he's got going!)

One of the things I love about this (other than Santa's sense of "style") is that Mom is clutching two dolls. Another is that she's at least trying to smile. We took K to see Santa when she was 1 1/2, and once we got to the front of the line, she didn't want to see him. Which means we ended up with a photo of K, Santa, and me. I look like I'm sitting on Santa's lap, but I was perched on the arm of his chair. I swear it!

No comments: