Wednesday, December 23, 2009

will you go 'round in circles...

K&L and I took an hour this week to do the holiday carousel downtown, after which we enjoyed mini doughnuts in the "cool" weather. Here's how it went:
  • K rode a purple charger and loved it, laughing and smiling. She wanted to go again immediately after the ride was done.
  • L clung to a blue (and white) mount and partway through said quietly: "Get off now," her tiny cold hands gripping the metal pole in front of her. I carried her for the rest of the ride.

Post-circular mini-doughnuts

Other events of note: K has a fascination with rolling luggage (and I suspect Santa knows about this and may respond appropriately). As we walked to the carousel in a sharp cold wind, we passed a saleswoman pulling a wheeled sample case. K noticed of course.

K: She got suitcase.
me: Yeah, I see that.
K: K think she getting ready go some place. Maybe airport.
L (in my arms and shivering): Mebbe a-o-port.
me (hugging tighter): Maybe.

No comments: