Then the timer went: 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 11, 11.... and just stayed there.
The light was still on inside, my lasagna still turning around, but time had stopped.
Wow! Now what?
- Would my lunch keep cooking until there was nothing left?
- Or would the microwave run until something exploded?
- Or did I have a chance now to run off to the post office to get some forever stamps without anyone noticing?
- Was time stopped for everyone, or just for the kitchen?
- What would happen if I never pressed Cancel?
But I was hungry, so I hit Cancel and opened the door and grabbed my pyrex bowl.
A mystery for someone else to solve.