So, we have a playlist that includes (among other things):
- Bruce Springsteen (Froggy Went a Courtin')
- Kate/Anna McGarrigle (The Swimming Song)
- Johnny Cash (Busted, Jackson, John Henry, and of course Folsom Prison Blues)
- The Beatles (Yellow Submarine, All Together Now, I Will)
- Split Lip Rayfield (The Weasel, the Bean, the Frog and the Dog)
But this morning K noticed that Johnny says goes on to say that "I know I had it coming."
K: "Why 'had coming'?"
me (a teachable moment!): "He did something he wasn't supposed to do. Something he was told not to do."
me: "I don't know why. Why do you sometimes do things you shouldn't do?"
K: "K no know why. He get timeout?"
me: "Yes, he got a timeout."
M (in the background): "Loooong timeout."
K: "Hang my head and cry."
me: "That's right. Cry cry cry!"
L: "Hang head cwy cwy cwy."