Wednesday, May 27, 2009

7 year itch?

7 years. In that time there have been 2 girls born, 4 countries visited, 2 layoffs, 1 parent gone, 3 basement floors, numerous other house projects and yard projects. Lots of laughing, a bit of crying, confusion, clarity, and just about every other feeling/emotion/reaction you can imagine. It's been a great time, with more fun and happiness than I probably deserve, but I'll take it undeserved.

It's gone by in a blink but also feels like a long time ago that we got married.

Last night we had a date, a real date for the first time since L was born. Chez Shea in grownup clothes. A relaxed dinner without concerns about the girls, courtesy of our neighbor who loves both girls and is willing to spend her night reading in our kitchen so that we can have some one-on-one time.

I've been wondering where that itch is, that 7 year itch. Don't feel it, haven't felt any inkling. I guess I'm not going to worry about it.

Happy anniversary my love. Thank you for the balance, and the grounding. And thank you for every day.

xxox

No comments: