Thursday, July 1, 2010

family: ... doctor, my eyes....

... can see you over the tub....



It's a balancing act, trying to capture the girls as they careen through life, while at the same time both wanting to participate in that careening and to respect their personal space and privacy.

Maybe because I've had a camera in my hands more or less the entire time they've been alive, the participating bit hasn't felt too difficult, usually. They seem to expect that half the time I'll be pointing a black box at them while they go about their business of being girls.

The privacy thing though.... that's another issue entirely. Here I am, posting photos of them for anyone who wants to look. To most folks it probably doesn't seem like a big deal, but I can imagine that for K&L there will come a time when they wish dad wasn't writing things down and wasn't posting pictures of them splashing in the bathtub or still fresh from a good cry. At which point I'll likely take these down to respect their wishes. Until then though....

No comments: